Tree of Protection
- 21 August, 2019Drawing a Tree of protection reminds all children that there are important and trustworthy people that they can turn to when they feel unsafe. In most of the schools we visit, children have a chance to learn about their safety In schools, communities and homes.
- 21 August, 2019Our learners were tasked with researching different cultures in their school library. They found out about different beliefs, ceremonies and values. With this info, they dressed up and re-enacted what they found out using props and costumes.
Recycled Musical Instruments
- 11 July, 2019This term, students are learning about sound energy. To visualize the lesson, the kids had to make instruments out of recycled components. Using boxes, tins, plastic pipes, and other things found on the property, they produced wonderful creations!
- 6 May, 2019As much as recycling is growing in Howick, it is still a challenge in our outlying rural communities. Eco-bricks are a great solution in getting rid of excess waste, and turning it into building blocks that they can use to make structures that will benefit them.
Solar System Model
- 11 November, 2018It's difficult to make a solar system to scale, but one of our schools showed great initiative! Using a parabolic cooker as a frame, these learners put together a beautiful display of the planets.